Learn to drive and pass your test with me. I am a fully qualified driving instructor with 18 years experience. I accept new pupils in the Somerset area including Bruton, Castle Cary, Shepton Mallet, Wincanton and surrounding towns.
I am an advanced instructor with plenty of experience in teaching people with a wide variety of driving abilities. My teaching style is confident, friendly and patient, I challenge my pupils to become better drivers, I note the level of driving skills acquired and the confidence of the driver and create lessons geared directly to each learner.
All lessons start with a recap on the previous lesson, and a conversation about what the pupil wants to achieve in the current lesson. I carefully note progress and guide the lesson plans to ensure my pupil’s skills progress at a steady rate that allows them to develop well grounded driving skills.
I recommend booking two hour lessons instead of one hour for 2 reasons:
- a beginner pupil needs time to understand a task and put it into practice then reflect on how they did then repeat it to improve their skills. One hour goes really quickly and is most suitable for very short trips or for a pupil who is already trained and in the final stages before their driving test.
- an inexperienced pupil needs to be taken to a suitably quiet area so not to put them in a busy road or heavy traffic situations that they might not be able to cope with well therefore it may be necessary for the instructor to drive pupil about 10 to 15 minutes away from where they are picked up.
Just starting out?
I know that getting behind the wheel of a car can be daunting. I aim to encourage new, unconfident and nervous learner drivers with slow and assured progress that creates the confidence required, ready to pass their driving test and get out on the road to be safe drivers for life.
I concentrate on the basics, building up their skills step by step, creating complete drivers who are confident in their own abilities. We move forward at a steady pace, allowing their new skills to form into healthy driving habits. The progress is made at a pace that allows them to feel comfortable, but also pushes each one in accordance to their competence to improve and reach their goals.
One of the reasons my pupils enjoy their driving lessons so much is due to my ability to build their confidence while focusing on reaching the high standards set by the DVSA and by giving lots of encouragement and advice.
The ultimate goal is to help my pupils pass their driving tests first time and have a very successful, safe and enjoyable driving experience throughout their life.
Why learn with me?
- My confident and friendly teaching style
- Female instructor with 18+ years experience
- High pass rate
- Hourly lessons and block lessons available
- Lessons tailored to suit each pupil needs
- Flexible lesson times, can fit in around your schedule
- Professional yet affordable
- Experience of teaching a range of ages and abilities
- Professional and confident driving instructor
Don’t just take my word for it, ask the many pupils who have passed under my tutorship. Read testimonials.
*Table figures above shown are based on the DVSA research
How many hours will I require?
On average, a beginner pupil will need around 35-45* hours of professional training plus additional private practice if possible for the best chance of passing first time. This is, assuming the pupil has reasonable continuity of at least 2 hours per week, however some people may need more and others less and its very much dependent on their acquired skills, knowledge, competence and age.
My lessons are structured to each pupil’s individual needs. I allow time for consolidation of previous topics and progression onto new ones.
This is achieved by structuring the lesson into 20 minutes segments so that my pupil remains interested and motivated without becoming tired and losing concentration.
I recommend 2 hour driving lessons each week, it is more beneficial to the learner as they learn quicker and better, saves money in the long term and means the pupil gets the most out of their time in the car.
- First 20 min – reflect on last lesson, set a goal for today’s and drive to practice area
- 4 x 20 min – introduction of new topic, prompt pupil to understand how they learn best by Q&A and using demos to help pupil evaluate their skills, encourage pupil to re-visit task by practising it until they feel confident before moving on to next topic
- Last 20 min – debrief and evaluation of the progress made, reflect on achieved goal and plan new goal for next lesson then return to drop off point
With commitment to regular training and by taking two hour lessons pupils can reduce the number of hours required to pass by up to a third.
Lessons From Just £28 Per Hour - Save £20 by booking 10 hours or more.
Or call: 07798 632 988