A driving assessment of about 10 minutes is the best way to ascertain your level of ability, awareness and competence to devise a well structured method of teaching/learning, incorporating all the modules required by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
- Cockpit Drill and Controls
- Moving Off and Stopping
- Junctions including Roundabouts
- Hazard assessment and Perception
NOTE: I recommend booking two hour lessons instead of one hour for 2 reasons
- one hour goes really quickly and is most suitable for very short trips or for a pupil who is already trained and in the final stages before their driving test. A beginner pupil needs time to understand a task and put it into practice then reflect on how they did then repeat it to improve their skills.
- an inexperienced pupil needs to be taken to a suitably quiet area so not to be put in a busy road or heavy traffic situations that they might not be able to cope with well therefore it may be necessary for the instructor to drive the pupil about 10 to 15 minutes away from where they are picked up.