The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency has published a briefing pack highlighting the resumption of theory and practical driving tests with strict safety measure in place.
Read it in full here Briefing Pack – ADI sector
All DVSA Driving Examiners that are able (subject to health and caring considerations) return to work to deliver emergency tests to critical workers. Focus during this phase is the current list of critical workers.
Begin emailing ‘on hold’ candidates, in batches, giving access and priority to the booking system to select a test date.
DVSA resumes car tests for those candidates with a rescheduled booking, ‘on hold’ candidates who will have priority to book slots on the new schedule. The public booking system will remain closed until current candidates are rescheduled and there is no estimated date to when it will open. My guess is it’ll be a few months to come.
Just a few points to take note:
- Examiners and candidates are required to wear a face covering/mask throughout the test. Candidates must bring their own and take it with them, not to be left on site.
- Test waiting rooms and toilets to remain closed therefore meet and greet will be in the car park. Your instructor or accompanying driver will be unable to observe in car/test.
- The examiner will choose to fit a disposable seat cover and will use anti-viral wipes to clean his seat touch points
- The test won’t go ahead if the candidate shows clear symptoms or becomes unwell and starts to cough continuously the test it will be stopped.
- As soon as a candidate commits a serious or dangerous fault or adds up 16 faults automatically results in a fail they will be directed to the centre and offered a debrief.
- In line with PHE and HSE guidance the DVSA will will share your details with the relevant NHS service for Coronavirus tracing and if necessary if told to do so you must self-isolate at home to help stop the virus